I learned a valuable lesson today about quality time. Allyssa wanted to spend some time with daddy after dinner and I had every intention of doing this. We started watching the Bee Movie together when I stupidly got on the computer and read an email which got me working on something that certainly could have waited. Guess I wasn’t thinking, because when I was done:
I guess I need to really pay attention to what I do with my time. I start school on Monday so time will become even more precious than it used to be. I have a schedule planned for Monday through Friday:
- 7:00am – Wake Up
- 8:00am – 1:00pm – Work
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm – Lunch and exercise
- 2:00pm – 4:00pm – School Work
- 4:00pm – 5:30pm – Work
- 5:30pm – Make dinner and spend time with the family before I go to bed.
No planning work or school on Weekends – those days are for family time. This looks like it should be good right? Hopefully I can stick to it, but I will need Laura’s and Allyssa’s help in several ways:
- While I am at work, they need to avoid distracting me.
- Have lunch ready around 1:00 so I can eat and exercise before school work.
- While I am at school, they need to avoid distracting me.
- At 5:30, they have to tell me to stop and be with the family.
I am sure if we both work at it, I will get on the schedule and be able to stick to it. It’s gonna be a long, hard 2 years with work and school, but I know it will be worth it. After this, we shall see if I continue for my Bachelor’s degree. You ready for this, Laura?
P.S. I should add that I did spend a few hours with her playing with a ball, potatoe heads, blocks and things before we started watching the movie. But it probably wasn’t enough.